Well if we're only talking about Superman scenes then here's my top 5;
1. STM; The Balcony scene, including flight over Metropolis and yes 'can you read my mind' is a winner IMO. 2. STM; The Helicopter Rescue. 3. STM; Confrontation with Lex. I just love how Chris plays this scene against Gene. Perfectly straight. Then we have Miss Teschmacher rescuing Supes and the powerful escape from Luthor's lair. 4. Superman and the Warden and Earth fly-over fly-bye 5. S4; Addressing the UN.
If we're talking about moments that don't directly involve Superman then here's some more.
- STM; Jor-El's farewell speech to his son on Krypton. - STM; Clark and Pa, then Funeral - STM; Leaving home scene. - STM; Jor-El addressing Jeff East in the fortress.
1. Superman crushing Zod's hand and picking him up (theatrical version ONLY) 2. Superman grabs the helicopter in STM 3. Superman flying to the Daily Planet window to confront Zod 4. Clark defeating Evil Supes, and the shirt rip that follows 5. Alleyway shirt rip in Superman II and his take-off
As cool as each of the scenes are (because of Reeve's performance), they wouldn't be what they are without the excellent music by Williams and Thorne.
5. Superman crushes Zod's hand and his little rap with Lex right after. 4. Superman's first night out STM. 3. Niagra Falls (Lester) 2. Superman hovering above Earth, listening, from Returns. 1. Catches bullet during mugging in STM.
Post by crazy_asian_man on Dec 31, 2008 22:36:11 GMT -5
Great idea for a post!
1. Helicopter rescue, by far- to- "Who are you?/ A friend." 2. "General, would you care to step outside" by Donner/Lester 3. Balcony scene from when Supe/Lois land to "That's Clark, nice." 4. Supes as he screams over Lois' death--- to seeing/hearing both father's faces/voices in the skies....but NOT the turning back of time! ((*I'm a firm believer that some other solution could have been/should have been used besides that plot device.)) 5. Superman's speech to the United Nations in SIV.
Anytime that Clark needs to Change into Superman, Reeve’s acting ability, my favorite of course is
1. The Alleyway change in Superman II 2. The Helicopter Change in Superman: The Movie 3. The Daily Planet change from the window falling (STM) 4. The Subway change in Superman IV 5. The Shirt Rip in the Junkyard in Superman III
(can I cheat - two more please!?)
6. Behind the fence to save Ricky in Superman III ;D 7. The Police Car (SIII)
The most magical line is in the first movie on the Balcony before the flight!
“Clark said that you’re a figment of somebody’s imagination… like Peter Pan”
“Clark… who’s that? Your Boyfriend?”
“Oh Clark… he’s nothing he’s just a…”
“Peter Pan…Peter Pan flew with children Lois… A Fairytale!”
(I slightly edited the script their on purpose! Do you know the part I left out?)
Post by Valentine Smith on Jan 1, 2009 16:47:14 GMT -5
1) Helicopter Rescue...by a MILE. Nothing beats this in any superhero movie, and few things in movies PERIOD ever make me feel this good. I could probably start a whole thread JUST for the Helicopter Rescue, and why it's the greatest few minutes in superhero cinema history.
2) Hand Crush in S2. The music does it for me!
3) The "Fortress Flyby" in STM. Just the ballsiness of that being the first flying shot in the movie. And they fly him RIGHT by the camera. As if to say "go ahead...see how we did this. We dare you." And that MUSIC!!!!!
4) Pulling The Boat Out Of The Water in Superman Returns. The best moment in that movie. They really establish the hopelessness of the situation, and Routh looks GREAT as he does the job. Deserves a place with the greats, in my opinion.
5) The Dive Out The Window and ensuing fly through Metropolis in STM. Love it. I can watch Superman fly around Manhattan all day, every day, and not get bored.
1. Helicopter Rescue from STM. Nothing else will ever come close. It's truly the greatest thing I've ever seen. If I could only watch five minutes from one movie for the rest of my life, that's what it would be.
2. Fortress of Solitude from STM. From Clark's trek to Superman's flyby, it's the SECOND greatest thing I've ever seen. I was talking about these two yesterday with my girlfriend, they are definitely my favorite two scenes out of any movie ever. The magical, mythical feel to the Fortress scene just puts me in a trance every time I see it. There are times I feel I may like this more than the Helicopter scene, but then I get to the Helicopter scene and think, "Nah, nope, this is it."
3. The Plane Rescue from Superman Returns. As far as modern superhero movies go, this is my favorite scene out of all of them. It's so goddarn fantastic. My only qualm is that I wish the first time we fully saw Superman after so darn long, it was a real actor, not CGI. But otherwise, the pacing, the music, the action, it's just ridiculously goddarn good. What an ending. Superman is welcomed back with open arms which seems to catch him off guard. You see his confidence coming back with this scene and as he takes off, he's back to being the Superman he was before he left Earth.
4. Clark vs. Evil Supes from SIII. It elevates the rest of the movie from being a complete mess (albeit an entertaining one) to an acceptable Superman movie. This was actually my favorite scene for a while when I was a little kid. I just loved the dynamics of it all, and the music at the end in particular. So darn triumphant. Has Supes' suit ever looked better and brighter?
5. Supes defeats Zod from SII. Just imagine what these scene would've been like had it been at the end of a full Richard Donner Superman II? Christ almighty. It's already fantastic as it is, but with a truly epic movie in front of it, wowzers...what a capper. The music once again shows how Superman can't be Superman without John Williams' theme. It's just so PERFECT. Zod's hand must be fracked UP. What a crushing noise!
Post by ReeveIsSuperman on Jan 2, 2009 19:34:28 GMT -5
1. Superman II- "I've been working out"- Diner Scene, end of movie 2. Superman II-"I know, orange juice, freshly squeezed"-end of movie 3. Superman I- "I ran"-Clark in smallville after out running friends in car 4. Superman III- Clark returns to smallville- Starts doing 'the twist' during song 'Earth Angel'. 5. Superman III-Clark Kent vs Superman- The Ultimate Challenge Bonus- Evil Superman beats up routh for being a candy-booty imitation.
1. Jor-el talking to baby kal-el before sending him away to Earth. 2. Helicopter rescue. 3. Superman flying off in a rage after Lois dies. 4. Superman crushing Zod's hand. 5. Superman shirt rip after defeating Evil Superman.
1. Airplane rescue, SR 2. Lois' death/Turning back time, STM 3. Helicopter rescue, STM 4. Crushing Zod's hand, SII 5. Diner revenge, SII
Honorable Mention: Alley change, SII
EDIT: I decided the Helicopter rescue, from Clark's emergence from the Daily Planet through Lois fainting, really deserved to be on the list. This pushed the SII alley change to an honorable mention, as it's less than a minute while these other scenes are much more substantial.
Post by ADigitalMan on Jan 8, 2009 16:33:42 GMT -5
My top five: 1) The Helicopter Rescue - STM 2) "General, would you care to step outside?" - SII 3) Superman emerges from the plane to cheering ballfield in SR 4) Bullets, Fire, & Ice in STM-extended 5) Junkyard fight in SIII
And the bottom 5 scenes (dishonorable mention) that make me want to stop the film 5) Mortar-Vision SIV 4) Skiing Gus - SIII 3) Walk/Don't Walk - SIII 2) Stalkerman - SR 1) Phone Booth Guy - SII Lester
I am fluent in over six million forms of procrastination.
EnriqueH: Deanna, take the helm!
Mar 9, 2014 3:51:52 GMT -5
EnriqueH: Destruct Sequence is activated... ::Enrique, ATP and Metallo jog to the transporter room::
Mar 17, 2014 10:51:46 GMT -5
EnriqueH: ye5man: Enrique, if time runs out...
Mar 17, 2014 10:52:15 GMT -5
EnriqueH: Russ said: "Enrique! You're still in the board, my old friend!"
Mar 22, 2014 13:59:30 GMT -5
EnriqueH: STILL! OLD! FRIEND!
Mar 22, 2014 13:59:41 GMT -5
EnriqueH: You've managed to get everyone else but like a poor marksmen you keep...mIIIsssing the target! Russ, you've had the board, but you don't have me! You're going to ban me, Russ, you're gonna have to come here! You're going to HAVE. TO COME. DOWN HERE!
Mar 22, 2014 14:00:50 GMT -5
kalel1973: is there a collection showcase here
Apr 13, 2014 6:44:31 GMT -5
EnriqueH: Boom, boom, boom, let's go back to my room, so we can do it all night. And you can make feel right!
May 16, 2014 5:55:03 GMT -5
Shane: youngbloods just keep on screaming
Jul 13, 2014 14:43:54 GMT -5
Shane: can someone remove this message board in CGI please?
Dec 7, 2014 14:49:18 GMT -5
Shane: please try to do it
Dec 7, 2014 14:49:29 GMT -5
cypher85: RIP Superman Cinema
Jan 29, 2015 8:38:11 GMT -5
crown: can we rebuild?
Feb 6, 2015 23:46:20 GMT -5
dejan: "A foundation has to be built on something"
May 2, 2015 6:55:27 GMT -5
EnriqueH: It can be built on forgiving the mistakes of the past, and remembering the overall experience, which I think has been positive for most. The question is: Will individuals let go of their pride, make up and shake hands, or stay angry forever?
May 28, 2015 13:20:17 GMT -5
crown: We will build a new Superman Cinema here through goodwill and respect built upon the foundation of our love of SUPERMAN and all he stands for.
Jun 1, 2015 10:06:42 GMT -5
dehbum: EnriqueH...............Awesome post
Jun 6, 2015 3:27:08 GMT -5